Academic Program Manager (APM) – Finance
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Academic Program Manager - Finance.
The Academic Program Manager has several areas of responsibility: Management, Teaching, Course Development, and general duties as assigned by the office of Academic Affairs. This is a 12-month position.
- Course load (Teaching/Course Development) of 8 per year. Teaching consists of any combination of online, blended, or on-ground
- Courses are offered at the University in three formats/modes: 8 week accelerated format online courses, as well as blended courses and 16 week traditional classrooms on our main campus in Waterbury. Courses are also offered on our various sites, and can either be face-to-face or blended
- Advises students in Finance and related programs
- Responsible for developing high-quality courses, for online, blended and face to face environments
- Course materials are expected to engage the student in the educational process
- Interest and experience with the integration of technology leading to the creation of exciting, powerful technology-supported instructional experiences within course materials
- Manages the faculty pool in the Finance Degree Program, including but not limited to recruiting, screening, hiring, evaluating, disciplining, and monitoring of all Assistant Program Managers & Associate Faculty related to the program to ensure quality delivery of all courses
- Plans, administers, analyzes, monitors, evaluates and assists with the development and maintenance of a Program's activities and ensures compliance with internal and external policies and procedures
- Prepares all and any reports required by State and Federal government and regulatory agencies
- Serves as a member of the university's administrative team and carries oversight responsibility for curriculum accuracy and integrity, as well as close relationship with advising, student life, and student retention
- Provides financial oversight and reviews budgets specifically related to the Finance Program
- Continuously searches for new and innovative ways to improve quality of the Program and the University Academic Affairs
- Supplies the supporting offices with necessary information vital for the Program maintenance and development such as marketing, admissions, financial aid, and the office of student information and records
- Participates actively in university governance activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ph.D. in Finance or Accounting with strong finance knowledge & skills
- Passion for Education and genuine interest in leading others and having the ability to deploy resources efficiently and effectively
- Ability to shape the future of a regionally & nationally accredited career-focused educational institution
- Must be a team-focused Leader with a positive attitude
- Desire and ability to grow a Program of study with innovative curriculum
- Experience in Administration and Management with proven leadership ability
- Prior development of curriculum and courses at the graduate school level
- Experience teaching in the traditional classroom and/or online
- Previous Professional experience in a related field
- Prior or current teaching experience that shows 5 to 10 years of progressively more responsible leadership and innovation experience
- Experience using assessments to improve teaching or programs is a plus
- Creative and interested in providing an outstanding learning experience for students
- Student-focused approach
- Ability to perform scholarly activities appropriate for a teaching institution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively are required
Post University is a forward-thinking, metrics-driven institution with a true entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to continuous improvement. Qualified applicants must hold a doctorate degree in an MBSOB-related field and have prior teaching and higher education administration, strategic planning and budgeting experience. Applicants also must be eager to embrace a culture of collaboration and innovation driven by a commitment to high quality, outcomes-based education and exceptional student support. Practical experience in managerial positions within the business world is preferred.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 120-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume/CV, one letter of recommendation from an academic professional/associate, one letter of recommendation from a professional colleague in the helping profession, and the name and contact information of one additional professional reference to Post University Human Resources by applying at: www.post.edu/hr
*****All files must be saved as one document before uploading to our database*****
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.