Academic Program Manager – Master of Science in Human Services
Post University is currently accepting application for the role of Academic Program Manager – Master of Science in Human Services.
Post University is seeking an Academic Program Manager in the Master of Human Services program (MSHSV). The individual will be responsible for the Non-Profit Management Concentration (NPM), Capstone, Blended courses in the MSHSV program, as well as other duties as assigned such as practicum if needed. The individual will be required to perform three essential University functions: Course development, teaching, and program management in addition to other responsibilities outlined by the University
- Teach 8 courses per academic year or as otherwise determined
- Assist adjuncts, students, and other university staff with questions or concerns about the curriculum and other aspects in regard to the MSHSV program.
- Develop or reconstruct any necessary MSHSV courses using Blackboard or overseeing their development by outside parties.
- Work with a team of Academic Program Managers and OEI staff to maintain and develop the MSHSV program curriculum in addition to adding concentrations, courses, or/or programs as requested by the university.
- Continually maintain all online and/or hybrid MSHSV courses under the individual’s supervision and monitor adjunct instructor performance in each course. Hire new instructors as necessary.
- Staff applicable MSHSV courses that are offered online, hybrid, or on the day campus every module.
- Participate on university committees as part of the School of Public Service in addition to any meetings held by the Faculty Senate and/or scheduled APM meetings.
- Assist with grade appeals, grievances, functions, or other administrative matters as warranted in regard to the MSHSV program and area(s) of focus.
- Organize and participate in administrative functions such as building/maintaining an advisory board as indicated by the university.
- Develop and maintain collegial academic relationships with partner/outside institutions. Roles could range from advisory board participation to teaching.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Counseling or Clinical Psychology or a closely related field is required, licensure as a psychologist preferred.
- At least 5 years of managerial experience in the helping professions preferred but not required.
- Experience teaching in the traditional classroom and online using Blackboard or similar programs is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to perform scholarly activities appropriate and warranted.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, well organized, and a team player in a fast paced work environment.
- Have a good working knowledge of APA style and the ability to provide feedback to students while teaching or when engaging in other duties.
- Must be able to travel to campus in Waterbury, CT to complete job responsibilities.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 120-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Human Resources
*****All files must be saved as one document before uploading to our database*****
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.