Assistant Academic Program Manager for Environmental Science
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of AAPM for Environmental Science.
Post University is seeking an Academic Program Manager who will lead the instruction and management of the Environmental Science BS Degree Program, as well as the development of a new Ocean Conservation concentration within the major. The Academic Program Manager has several areas of responsibility: Management, Teaching, Course Development, and general duties as assigned by the office of Academic Affairs. Successful candidate should have experience teaching courses in introductory environmental science (with lab), ecology, soil science, environmental ethics, botany, ecological field methods, ocean conservation, marine restoration, and/or sustainable management, and have the ability to take complex ideas and teach them in simple, innovative ways. This is a 12-month position.
- The teaching load may vary based on the level of activity in other areas of responsibility, but a typical teaching load is 8 courses per year. This can consist of any combination of online, blended, or on-ground
- Candidate should have experience in teaching introductory environmental science (and lab), ecology, soil science, environmental ethics, botany, ecological field methods, ocean conservation, marine restoration, and/or sustainable management
- Courses are offered at the University in three formats/modes: 8 week accelerated format online courses, as well as blended courses and 16 week traditional classrooms on our main campus in Waterbury. Most Environmental Science courses are offered on main campus in 16 week traditional classrooms. Courses are also offered on our various sites, and can either be face-to-face or blended.
- Interest and experience in developing courses for a new concentration in Ocean Conservation
- Responsible for developing courses, for online, blended and face to face environments
- Course materials are expected to engage the student in the educational process.
- Interest and experience with the integration of presentations, simulations, model building, games/gaming, movie production, etc., leading to exciting, powerful technology supported instructional experiences within course materials
- Manages the faculty pool as it related to his/her program, including but not limited to screening, hiring, evaluating, disciplining, and monitoring of all Assistant Academic Program Managers and Associate Faculty related to the program to ensure quality delivery of all courses.
- Plans, administers, analyzes, monitors, evaluates and assists with the development and maintenance of a Program's activities and ensures compliance with internal and external policies and procedures
- Prepares all and any reports required by State and Federal government and regulatory agencies
- Serves as a member of the university's administrative team and carries oversight responsibility for curriculum accuracy and integrity, as well as close relationship with advising, student life, and student retention
- Provides financial oversight and reviews budgets specifically related to the Program
- Continuously searches for new and innovative ways to improve quality of the Program and the University Academic Affairs
- Supplies the supporting offices with necessary information vital for the Program maintenance and development such as marketing, admissions, financial aid, and the office of student information and records.
- Participates in University governance activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ph.D. in an area related to Environmental Science and/or Conservation
- Passion for Education and genuine interest in leading others and having the ability to deploy resources efficiently and effectively
- Ability to shape the future of a regionally accredited career-focused educational institution.
- Must be a team-focused Leader with a positive attitude
- Desire and ability to grow a Program of study with innovative curriculum
- Experience in Administration and Management with proven leadership ability
- Prior development of curriculum and courses at the graduate school level
- Experience teaching in the traditional classroom and/or online
- Previous Professional experience in a related field
- Prior or current teaching experience that shows 5 to 10 years of progressively more responsible leadership and innovation experience
- Experience using assessments to improve teaching or programs is a plus
- Creative and interested in providing an outstanding learning experience for students
- Student-focused approach
- Ability to perform scholarly activities appropriate for a teaching institution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively are required
- Assist in course and program development upon the direction of the APM
- Assist the APM by teaching environmental science courses and reviewing courses/instructors to insure that courses are properly being administered and taught according to program standards
- Insure that courses are set-up properly, associate faculty are participating according to minimal guidelines, course content is up to date, grading policies and procedures are being adhered to as required, and work with the APM as support and lead in areas agreed upon by AAPM and APM
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 120-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Human Resources by applying at: www.post.edu/hr
*****All files must be saved as one document before uploading to our database*****
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.