Graduate Admissions Counselor
Post University is searching for outgoing, goal-oriented individuals to join our close-knit and growing team of Graduate Admissions Counselors. As a Graduate Admissions Counselor, you will play a critical role in helping to change people's lives through education by enrolling them in one of our graduate degree programs that are specially designed to meet the needs of working adults. The position is an excellent career opportunity for motivated individuals who want to be part of a growing university with a rich history of helping people reach their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits packages that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits, and flexible work week option.
A Post University Graduate Admissions Counselor (in our Online Education Institute) works in our Enrollment Management Center and is responsible for responding to student inquiries regarding admission to the University's graduate online and evening & weekend programs in a timely and customer-focused manner. You will need excellent communication, listening, customer service and sales skills to excel in this high volume, customer-driven position. The position includes training and opportunities for advancement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master's degree is preferred; however an equivalent combination of education, experience or training can be substituted for the Master's degree.
- Experience in a higher education admissions and/or recruiting position with a consultative sales approach to successfully promote our program is desired.
- Prior call center, customer service, marketing, and/or sales experience a plus.
- Ability to display superior relationship building and communication skills including an excellent phone presence and personality.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software are a must.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented, objective focused environment
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 120-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Human Resources by applying at: www.post.edu/hr
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER