Undergraduate Program Director, The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Undergraduate Program Director, The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business.
The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business (MBSOB) at Post University is seeking an energetic, dynamic, visionary leader for the position of Undergraduate Director. We seek a person who will bring enthusiasm and innovative, quality-focused thinking to a rapidly growing undergraduate school of business. The Undergraduate Director will be part of the leadership team in the MBSOB. The Director for the MBSOB undergraduate programs will report directly to the Dean, and serve as the Chief Administrator for the undergraduate programs. The undergraduate director is expected to work closely with the graduate program director and provide leadership to the undergraduate program while coordinating and aligning with the graduate programs.
- Serve as the academic and administrative officer of the undergraduate program
- The teaching load will vary based on the level of activity in other areas of responsibility However, the Director will be expected to teach 4 to 6 courses within a calendar year
- Develop and lead the overall Vision and Strategy, in a collaborative fashion, for the undergraduate degree business programs, and oversee the implementation of the strategy
- Oversee the ACBSP accreditation effort and continuation; serve as the ACBSP Co-Champion
- Fully understand and implement the standards and policies related to the CT Office of Higher Education, and NEASC (Regional Accrediting Body) for the MBSOB undergraduate programs
- Drive quality programming to be consistent with the Malcolm Baldrige name and the Baldrige principles/quality disciplines/practices of performance and excellence
- Continue to build and foster the dynamic team environment & culture within the undergraduate programs through quality recruiting/hiring, overseeing faculty development and accountability, assessing programs and improving processes
- Create and maintain successful partnerships with individuals, businesses, and institutions regionally, nationally and internationally to fulfill the MBSOB mission
- Lead quality, innovative curriculum throughout the undergraduate business programs, online, on-ground, and in blended formats
- Serve as a member of the university's administrative team and carries oversight responsibility for curriculum accuracy and integrity, as well as a close relationship with advising, student life, and student retention
- Assures all undergraduate courses and programs are assessed accurately and often with student outcomes of utmost importance
- Work with the Dean to provide financial oversight and reviews budgets specifically related to the undergraduate business program
- Continuously search for new and innovative ways to improve quality of the undergraduate business Programs and particularly curriculum
- Supplies the supporting offices with necessary information vital for the Undergraduate Program maintenance and development such as marketing, admissions, financial aid, and the office of student information and records
- Works with the Dean of Business to initiate growth through Innovative Program Development
- Be a champion for the undergraduate APM’s, AAPM’s, Faculty and Associate Faculty
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Earned doctorate in one of the academic disciplines represented in the MBSOB undergraduate programs
- Extensive business experience
- Minimum three years of successful academic administrative experience with demonstrated budgetary and leadership skills
- Strong commitment to teaching excellence, and a minimum of five years teaching on ground and/or online. Including prior development of curriculum and courses at the undergraduate business level
- Familiarity with the National Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence
- Proven experience in leading and growing a business and/or University Department/Division through a participative leadership style
- Proven experience in building and leading a team, creating a collaborative culture, and working across disciplines
- Regional and national accreditation experience preferred
- Ability to form strong partnerships with alumni; regional, national, and international businesses; and the community
- Demonstrated ability to foster a positive and collegial environment within the University Governance system through a collaborative leadership style
- Ability to provide leadership in advancing the goals of the School and University
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 120-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Human Resources by applying at: www.post.edu/hr
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.