Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Server Administrator
The Server Administrator’s role is to assist in the configuration and management of Post University's servers and to maintain optimal performance, availability, and security. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring new implementations, and creating processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment, as well as, developing and maintaining a disaster recovery plan for the enterprises servers and virtual infrastructure. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals and industry best practices.
- Participate in key process improvements as they relate to the server and storage environment.
- Collaborate with network administrator, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of servers to meet business demands.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server security.
- Check help desk database for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and respond to help desk tickets as appropriate.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Provide Web administration support by overseeing and maintaining Web server functions, such as assuring logging and metrics data are stable.
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Manage Active Directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Develop and maintain training materials and server documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BA or BS in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
- At least three years equivalent work experience in a senior technical position responsible for managing server environments.
- Preferred Certifications in MCSE, MCSA. 3-5 years' experience with Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and Active Directory.
- 3-5 years' experience administering Microsoft clustering and Exchange platform(s) required.
- Specific knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS and MS Sharepoint.
- Exceptional abilities at load balancing, clustering, and caching procedures and processes.
- 3-5 years' experience with enterprise virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXi Server.
- 3-5 years' experience working with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools. System Center (SCOM) a must.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and other network protocols and operating system configuration.
- Working or technical knowledge of scripting code and scripting tools.
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking.
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN.
- Preferred knowledge of managing Cisco phone systems.
- Proven knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 120-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Human Resources.
*****All files must be saved as one document before uploading to our database*****
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.