OEI Tuition Planner
Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of OEI Tuition Planner
Within the Division of OEI Enrollment Management, the OEI Tuition Planner is responsible for working with all online and satellite students as it relates to the tuition process for Post University. This position coordinates the different payment options to ensure that student tuition obligations are being met. The OEI Tuition Planner will provide excellent customer service to students in a proactive manner and utilize problem solving skills to work with students to promote success and retention.
- Effectively communicate/explain all available payment options and necessary steps of the Financial Aid Application Process, student responsibilities and general affordability question expectations for all New Students.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Extensively provide student focused, solution oriented communication and support to ensure all students are comfortable and sufficiently informed/prepared.
- Possess basic understanding of federal student aid process such as FAFSA processing, federal Stafford and plus loan, entrance and exit requirements, verification process and awarding.
- Works closely with various departments, such as admissions, student accounts, registrars and advising in order to assist students with their tuition obligations.
- Ensure proper outreach to all students through initial welcome letters and welcome calls.
- Promptly respond to all student questions, concerns and needs regarding the tuition process within established timeframe.
- Follow up with student and/or internal departments to ensure the established payment methods are finalized.
- Perform data entry of student’s financial aid information and all comments in our databases as it relates to student’s current status to ensure full and proper documentation.
- Responsible for collection of complete and accurate documents to ensure each student file contains all necessary documentation as outlined by established guidelines.
- Counsels students with high balance or delinquent accounts and determines if additional financing is needed and how it can be obtained.
- Participates in student registration activities and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
- Possess or work toward knowledge of all applicable internal and government policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of necessary documentation required by student for professional judgment requests.
- This position requires a flexible schedule and some evening and weekend hours to meet the operational needs of the OEI Department.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however an equivalent combination of education, experience or training can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in a higher education position such as admissions, tuition planning and /or student finance preferred.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in rules and regulations and to stay within compliance.
- Ability to adapt quickly to internal changes to ensure continuous success of the University.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees at all levels and with diverse student populations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a high volume environment with interruptions.
- Ability to work in a team oriented, objective focused environment.
- Must have excellent PC skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 120-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Human Resources.
*****All files must be saved as one document before uploading to our database*****
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Human Resources, Post University.