Bachelor of Science in Human Services
- Students will be able to articulate the historical milestones and developmental highlights of the human services profession.
- Students will be able to identify and apply the theories and principles of human development, counseling dynamics, social and legislative issues to various human service settings.
- Students will be able to articulate an understanding of the various issues that impact human functioning.
- Students will be able to integrate and apply information such as client data, statistical information, and record keeping in the delivery of human services.
- Students will be able to assess and organize the needs of clients and client groups in relation to programming, service planning and outcomes.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in understanding and exploring interpersonal dynamics in regard to improving service delivery.
- Students will be able to evaluate and analyze the administrative components of human service delivery systems.
- Students will be able to articulate and apply a code of ethics in the delivery of human services.
- Students will be able to reflect upon and discuss their own values, beliefs, and ideas in an effort to more effectively provide direct services in the human services field.
- Students will be able to integrate and apply their learning experiences within a human service setting through a supervised field experience.
- Students will be able to tie together vital skills and abilities necessary to be a competent professional in the field of human services.