Deron G. Grabel
Academic Program Manager, Sport Management
Office: North 203C
- ABD, Sport Administration, United States Sports Academy
- M.S. Recreation Administration, Lehman College
- B.S. Sport Management, Springfield College
- Academic Program Director - Sport Management, Post University
- Program Director of Sport Management & Assistant Professor of Business, College Misericordia
- Program Director of Sport Management & Instructor, Salem-Teikyo University
- Teaching Assistant, Florida State University
- Graduate Assistant for Sport Clubs, Florida State University
- Graduate Assistant for Intramurals, Florida State University
- Head Assistant Basketball Coach, Lehman College
- Sports Information Coordinator, Lehman College
- Facility Assistant at the APEX Center, Lehman College
- Head Assistant Basketball Coach, Averett College
- Head Assistant Basketball Coach, Mattatuck Community College
- Summer Recreation Director
- Director, Spartan Hoop School
Professor Grabel believes that a hands on approach to education can be a very valuable experience. The opportunity to work in close proximity with students can be extremely rewarding for both the student and the educator. An education should be well rounded. The most important facet of teaching is connecting with the students. The opportunity to tap into potential and help guide someone, as they prepare for life, is why Grabel loves teaching.
Internships, International Sport, and Sport Marketing
North American Society for Sport Management
Sport Marketing Association
Connecticut Association of Athletic Directors
- Judd, M.R., Sawyer, T., Hatten, T., Grabel, D., & Klein, D. (2002). Sport Management Education: The Case for Two-Year Colleges. International Journal of Sport Management. 3(3), 161-170.
- Lee, S., Grabel, D., & Ryder, C. (2005). A Secret Shopper Project: Reevaluation of Relationship Marketing Among the Four Big Leagues. The Sport Journal. 8(2).
- May 2003 North American Society for Sport Management Conference. Program Partnerships and High Caliber Practicum Experiences: Take the Next Step
- September 2003 European Sport Management Conference. What do the big four expect of our students? An investigation into onsite internship supervisors wants in terms of student intern readiness.
- April 2004 Faculty Development Committee. It's All Greek to Me: Myth, Reality, and the Olympic Games.
- November 2004 Sport Marketing Association Conference. A Study of Sponsorship Effectiveness through a Korean LPGA Player.
- April 2005 American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Conference. Internship Supervisors’ Perceptions of Student-Intern Skills Necessary to Best Be Prepared for an Internship.
- June 2005 North American Society for Sport Management Conference. Effects of Team Identification and Customer Satisfaction on Attitudinal Brand Loyalty toward Licensed Sport Products.
- June 2005 North American Society for Sport Management Conference. Poster Presentation. A Secret Shopper Project: Reevaluation of Relationship Marketing efforts among the Four Big Leagues.
- June 2010 North American Society for Sport Management Conference, Teaching and Learning Fair. Service Learning in a Sport Management Course.