- MA Educational Leadership, Klingenstein Center – Teachers College, Columbia University May 2009
- BA Sociology/Social Work, The University of Maine – May 1979
- Associate Faculty , Post University Online Graduate Program in Education
- Over 20 years of experience in independent school education living and teaching in India, Mauritania and Senegal as well as New York, West Virginia and Connecticut.
- Currently serves as the Director of Ethical Leadership & Global Engagement at The Gunnery, a co-ed independent boarding and day school in Washington, CT.
- Member - Moral Development Team, The Center for Spiritual and Ethical Education, a panel of educators from across the country developing recommendations for best practice in character education.
- Research grant recipient- The Gould Family Foundation – Student Engagement, Redefining Preparatory (The Future of Education).
I believe in the transformative power of collaborative experience, the organic nature of educating both for moral character and sustainability and the moral mandate of educational equity. In the United States, all children should have equal access to high quality education. As we look to the future we must balance the educative power of technology with the need for humans to remain connected with the natural world and to all other humans. I believe in education that is inclusive, compassionate and that allows each student to reach her highest potential.
- The achievement gap – causes and solutions
- Best practice for character education and inclusion
- Technology and the future of education
The Center for Spiritual and Ethical Education
- National Association of Independent Schools
- Connecticut Association of Independent Schools