Post University's A.S. in Accounting degree program is designed to prepare students for a wide range of entry-level accounting opportunities.
Students who attain an A.S. in Accounting from Post University can expect to have achieved the outcomes listed below.
CORE A.S. IN ACCOUNTING OUTCOMES
- Students will obtain the necessary skills to perform basic functions of entry-level bookkeeping and accounting
- Students will analyze, record, and interpret accounting information to support planning and decision making
- Students will acquire a basic understanding of accounting theories and principles
- Students will prepare and interpret financial statements
- Students will develop and evaluate accounting and business information by using analytical and critical thought processes to support internal and external decision making
- Students will identify and evaluate the ethical issues, principles, and practices that affect the business and accounting environments and utilize the appropriate professional models
- Students will obtain a base of accounting knowledge necessary to advance academically in accounting to an accounting bachelor’s degree