Post University's B.S. in Environmental Science degree program is the study of the interactions between the biological, chemical and physical processes that shape our natural world.
Students who attain a B.S. in Environmental Science from Post University can expect to have achieved the outcomes listed below.
CORE B.S. IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE OUTCOMES
- Students will communicate professionally, in both oral and written style, using scientific terminology and technique
- Students will examine and apply principles of general science as a foundation and supplement to the study of environmental science
- Students will critically evaluate historical and contemporary environmental ethics as a source of their personal environmental viewpoints
- Students will identify current environmental laws and policies, and examine their application to local, state and world affairs
- Students will utilize environmental field guides to identify vegetation, evaluate soil profiles, and interpret an ecosystem’s functions and value
- Students will evaluate the validity and applicability of experimental design and field methodology
- Students will identify, analyze, and evaluate contemporary sustainable development practices, methods and policies
- Students will recognize and examine the causes of both natural and human-induced air, water and soil pollution and their subsequent effects on local and global ecosystems