WHY CONSIDER A BACHELOR OF ARTS IN SOCIOLOGY DEGREE?
The world is made up of groups of people with common traditions, institutions, activities and interests. Sociologists have the important work of understanding the collective behavior of these groups and how it impacts us locally and globally. Earning a bachelor's in sociology degree is an important first step for anyone who is looking to pursue a career in this field.
Sociology, like Psychology, is an empirical discipline in which training and experience in research are essential to a student's education. Post University's Bachelor of Arts in Sociology Degree program curriculum places special emphasis on the practical and applied aspects of sociology. Our Bachelor of Arts in Sociology Degree program faculty members have strong academic credentials and extensive background in the field.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Sociology Degree program pursue careers in family planning, substance abuse, rehabilitation, crisis intervention, geriatric work, social service agencies, and the security field, among other areas. A bachelor's in sociology degree also provides students with the foundation for graduate studies in sociology, criminal justice, psychology, law, social work, and counseling.
Students pursuing a bachelor's in sociology degree at Post University may choose from three applied tracks: Health and Community Services, Counseling Services, and Security Services. In order to participate in outside research, students are also required to take courses in statistics and research methodology, and are strongly encouraged to participate in internships prior to graduation.
THE BACHELOR OF ARTS IN SOCIOLOGY DEGREE PROGRAM AT POST UNIVERSITY IS IDEAL FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO:
- Gain the skills and experiences they'll need to succeed in a wide range of career opportunities in public, private and non-profit organizations
- Enhance self-awareness, build confidence and develop a strong sense of direction through a careful blend of Bachelor of Arts in Sociology Degree program courses, general education and elective courses
- Make connections across disciplines so they're better prepared to respond to a diverse and constantly changing global marketplace
- Participate in internship and cooperative education programs that offer real-life work experience before they graduate with their bachelor's in sociology degree
- Learn from faculty members who have advanced degrees and years of relevant experience in the field of sociology
BENEFITS OF THE BACHELOR OF ARTS IN SOCIOLOGY DEGREE PROGRAM AT POST UNIVERSITY
- Post University is an accredited New England university that has been providing quality education to its students since 1890.
- Our small classes are taught by faculty members who have advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience in their respective fields.
- We offer a high-quality, career-focused bachelor's in sociology degree program that will make a real difference in your future career.
- Our Bachelor of Arts in Sociology Degree program features a curriculum with a strong focus on innovation, creativity and leadership. You won't be learning from static text on a page; you'll be part of a highly interactive, practice-based learning environment.
- You will get a great return on your investment (ROI), earning a valuable degree at an affordable price.
- You can transfer up to 90 credits from another accredited institution.