Adult Learner Ebook

Post University Online Ranked In The Top 20 Nationally For The 3rd
Year In A Row

Post University named 4th best online college or university for 2012 by DoughRoller


Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Degree Program


If you would like to apply online for admission to Post University:
Apply Now

Request Information

If you have questions or would like additional information, please complete the
request for information form on the right, or call 800.345.2562 to speak with
an admissions counselor.

Admissions Process: Undergraduate Students

You may begin taking courses at Post University while completing the admissions process. You will be permitted to take up to 12 credits while completing the application process. However, you cannot matriculate and will not be eligible for financial aid until your entire application is complete. A completed application must include a copy of your official transcript and must demonstrate that you have met all academic requirements, including having a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. Federal financial aid will not be granted until you have matriculated.

Learn more about admissions policies and requirements for applicants by selecting from the links below:       


Applications for admission are available at

In addition to the application, you must submit your transcripts, as follows:

If you have never attended Post or any other college, you will need to either: 1) contact your high school and request that it forward your official school record, or 2) forward your GED high-school equivalency test scores to the Office of Admissions.

Post University requires students who will be matriculating at the University to provide an official copy of their high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. An appropriate substitute for a high school transcript is proof of successful completion of a home-schooling program. Students who are currently enrolled at a high school may submit a transcript, including currently enrolled courses for admissions purposes, but an official high school transcript with the graduation date must be provided to the University before matriculation.

Students applying to Post University must be enrolled in, or have successfully completed, at least 16 credits in a college preparatory program. High schools and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional, or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is certified by the student's high school with a signature and stamped with the school's seal. The transcript must arrive in a sealed envelope from the student's high school and must bear the student's high school graduation date. Transcripts that are delivered without being in a sealed envelope by the high school will not be considered official.



Students who have matriculated at an accredited college or university and have earned more than 12 credits at that institution are required to present official transcripts for evaluation and are not required to provide a high school transcript.

If you have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher from an accredited two-year or four-year educational institution, credits from courses with a grade of C or above may be transferred. No more than 75 credits can be accepted from a two-year college.

Official high school or college transcripts should be submitted directly to Admissions. You may authorize Post University to obtain these transcripts on your behalf by downloading the Transcript Request form at: and either faxing it to Admissions at 203.765.5810 or mailing it to:

Post University Online
Office of ADP Admissions
800 Country Club Road
P.O. Box 2540
Waterbury, CT 06723

Use one form for each institution you'd like us to contact on your behalf in order to obtain your official transcripts. Post University evaluates potential transfer credits upon receipt of official transcripts. You can get a head start on the evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to Admissions, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.

To complete the application for admission, please visit

Official Transcripts which are sent electronically from another institution will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. All electronic official transcripts must be sent by the institution directly or by an organization contracted with that institution to send transcripts in a secure manner over the Internet.

The evaluation of transfer credits is a complicated and critical institutional function --one that each of us must address with concern for our students and those who wish to join the Post community, and with careful consideration of the regulatory standards that govern the evaluation and acceptance of such credits.

Accordingly, the University has had a long-standing practice of accepting credits only from legitimately-accredited academic institutions. Historically, determining what constitutes a 'legitimately accredited college or university' has presented some confusion.

Accordingly, as the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) is the ultimate authority on accreditation, Post University will adhere to DOE practices in recognizing which American institutions are 'legitimately accredited'.

Any American academic institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as accredited for the purpose of granting Associate, Bachelor's or Master's Degrees, is accredited. Any academic credits awarded by that institution are legitimate academic credits and are eligible for transfer into Post University if applicable to the desired program of study.
The easily accessible U.S. Department of Education Data Base of Accredited Post Secondary Institutions and Programs at provides a list of accredited American institutions. Please refer to that database when determining academic accreditation.

In addition, Post University is proud to support our military service members, veterans, and dependents in the pursuit of their college education. Post University has been recognized as a Military Friendly School for the past four consecutive years, and is a proud member of the Service members Opportunity Colleges Consortium (SOC) and the SOC Degree Network System (SOC DNS). Post University also is honored to be a signatory to the Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding (DoD MOU) and fully supports Presidential Executive Order 13607 establishing the "Principles of Excellence". The University is in compliance with the GI Bill Compliance Act, and is a member of the American Council on Education (ACE). As such, in accordance with the requirements of the DoD MOU and the SOC DNS, Post University follows the recommendations of ACE in the transfer of credit for military training and experience, and other nationally-recognized professional training in subject areas taught by the University. For our military program students this means a maximum of 90 transfer credits for a baccalaureate degree or 45 transfer credits for an associate degree may be applied based on a review of a military program student's Joint Service Transcript (JST).



For the purpose of this policy, a home-schooled student is defined as someone who has completed a secondary school education in a home school setting that is treated as a home school or private school under state law.

Home-schooled students who have completed a home-based secondary education and are at least 18 years of age are eligible for admission to Post University and Post University's Accelerated Degree Program upon satisfaction of all the University's standard admission requirements. The applicant should submit transcripts from any secondary school attended, a high school study plan signed by the parent or provider of the home schooling, and a state secondary completion credential if such documents exist.

However, not all states, including Connecticut, require or issue transcripts, a high school study plan, or a state secondary school credential. In the absence of such documents, the student must sit for and pass a GED federal or state high school equivalency exam.

Home-schooled applicants are required to seek a personal interview with a Post University admissions counselor.

Home-schooled applicants denied admission to the University may appeal that decision to the Provost or his designee. If and when the State of Connecticut enacts laws or issues policies regarding home-schooled students or their admission to State-licensed colleges and universities, this policy will be revised and reissued to ensure compliance with Connecticut State Regulations.

Please send your completed application and all other required materials to:

Post University Online
Office of ADP Admissions
800 Country Club Road
P.O. Box 2540
Waterbury, CT 06723
Telephone: 800.345.2562 or 203.596.4500
Fax: 203.596.4602



International applicants must meet all regular requirements for admission. Applicants must also provide an original, official bank statement proving the ability to pay the cost of attendance. Qualified applicants who cannot demonstrate financial responsibility will not be admitted. At present, there is no financial aid available for non-U.S. students. All foreign documents and transcripts must be translated into English at the student's expense and verified by the educational institution in the home country or a U.S. academic credential evaluation agency. The University reserves the right to require additional evidence of competency or to require that students admitted to the undergraduate program take courses to develop their English language skills.



Post University welcomes applications from students with disabilities. The University will not deny admission to a qualified student and will make a reasonable effort to accommodate a student's disability so as to maximize his or her potential for success. The purpose of accommodations is to "level the playing field," not to provide an unfair advantage. The University is required, under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, to provide reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.

The University will determine if we are reasonably able to accommodate your needs and will inform you as to the nature and extent of the accommodations the University is reasonably able to provide. The Coordinator of Student Disability Services works closely with students and their professors to provide reasonable accommodations to help students complete their course work. In order to provide 'reasonable accommodations' to students with disabilities, the Coordinator and the student MUST consider three factors:

  • The particular needs of the student, the particular requirements of the course or academic program, and the format in which the course is delivered.
  • Students with learning or physical challenges are not required to inform the University or any of its offices of their disability. However, if students wish to receive learning accommodations they must contact the University Disabilities Coordinator. This should occur at the time the student enters the University. The Coordinator is the only University officer authorized to address these special needs. Accommodations can only be granted through the Disability Coordinator.
  • Students who request consideration for academic accommodations must present to the Disability Coordinator official documentation of their disability on letterhead from a licensed medical practitioner.

The documentation must:
Identify the learning or physical disability, list the academic/learning limitations caused by the disability, and suggest appropriate learning accommodations based on classroom setting (online or on ground).

This information is confidential. The Coordinator of Student Disability Services will only share the necessary accommodation information with the student's professors, unless more permission is given. Students are responsible for notifying the Coordinator of Student Disability Services at the beginning of every module/semester about what courses he/she is taking. Information cannot be released to instructors unless the instructor submits a request through email or speaks with the Coordinator of Student Disability Services in person. No other information will be revealed to any element of the University without the student's consent. Many students, however, choose to sign a waiver, allowing the Coordinator of Student Disability Services the opportunity to speak about the student's disability with other University Support Services, so that the student is provided support from all other areas, including: Academic Affairs, Athletics, Counseling Center, Learning Center and Residence Life.

Students with IEP /Special Ed Diplomas
Students with IEP/Special Ed Diplomas must provide the following paperwork/documentation to be accepted to the University:
1. An IEP or Neuropsychological Evaluation that clearly states that the student's reading, writing and math levels are high school or above.
2. A copy of the student's high school transcript.

If a student cannot provide these materials or the Reading/Writing and Math Levels of the student do not fulfill the High School Level criteria, the student will be denied admission to the University. In some cases, writing sample will be requested from the student if levels of academic achievement are unclear in the documentation provided.

For more detailed information on accommodations that can and cannot be made, concerned students must contact the Coordinator of Student Disability Services.



To be considered a matriculated undergraduate student, either online or at a regional location, you must have completed these steps:

• Submit an application form;
• Declare a major;
• Submit an official high school transcript or GED*;
• Submit an Intent to Enroll form for the current term
*If you have completed a minimum of 12 credits at a regionally or nationally accredited college or university, you can submit an official transcript from that institution instead.



Post University has a rolling admissions policy, allowing decisions to be made as soon as the candidate's file is complete. In addition to the requirements outlined above, the candidate must have the recommendation of an Admissions counselor, which is gained through an admissions interview conducted by telephone.

Acceptance to Post University is based on an evaluation of the candidate's qualifications and the recommendation of an Admissions advisor. All decisions are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, handicap, or sexual orientation.

PLEASE NOTE: Students who have attended other colleges or universities will need to request their academic transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions before they can be matriculated. Non-matriculated students are not eligible for financial aid.



Contact information:
Post University Online
Office of ADP Admissions
800 Country Club Road
P.O. Box 2540
Waterbury, CT 06723
Telephone: 800.345.2562or 203.596.4500
Fax: 203.596.4602




Veteran Applicants
Post University is proud to have been consistently recognized over the past four years as a Military Friendly School. Post is honored to be a supporter of the Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program. For eligible Post 9/11 GI Bill Veterans or dependents, Post University works with you to fully leverage your GI Bill Educational Benefits along with other financial assistance to minimize or even eliminate their out-of-pocket expenses. Post University also covers the cost of textbooks.

For more information, please go to:

Veteran Admissions
As part of Post University's V.E.T.S program, Post University has a team of specially trained admissions counselors to meet the needs of Veterans. The goal of the V.E.T.S program is to reduce the anxieties of enrolling into college faced by many veterans. To achieve this, your Post University Admissions Counselor works collaboratively with all offices at the University to ensure the specific needs of the student-veteran are addressed and met. Your admissions counselor will provide admissions counseling, help determine the right degree for you based on your military experience and any transfer credits you may have. To assist in this process, student-veterans should request a copy of your Joint Service Transcript (JST). To obtain a copy of your JST, please go to and follow the instructions; it is a simple process. However, if you cannot obtain a copy of your JST, our admissions counselors will also work with you to obtain any required high school and Military transcripts, as well as college transcripts if you have them.

To reach your admissions counselor, please call 800.345.2562.



At Post University, we are proud and honored to help military dependents achieve their higher education goals. As a full participant and supporter of the GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program, we can help you identify and access the military benefits available to you and your family.

Post University also is approved by all branches of the Military for tuition assistance and the payment of VA benefits. We offer college credit for Military and professional training as well as prior college course work, CLEP, DANTES, and DSST exams. Military transcripts and other college transcripts are evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure that participants receive the maximum allowable Post University college credit. To learn more, visit .




  • Students who do not meet regular admissions requirements may be accepted into a degree program with conditions attached to their acceptance. Once a student has met those conditions, a student may become regularly accepted into the program. If the conditions are not met, the student will be dismissed from the University. Conditional acceptance is not guaranteed and is determined by Post University admissions staff and/or faculty.
  • Conditions include but are not limited to:
    • Applicants must earn a minimum grade of C- in the first class(es)
    • Applicants must meet a minimum number of credits with a minimum GPA (the standard requirement is 12 credits with an average 2.0 GPA),
    • Additional materials may be submitted (e.g. writing samples, letters of recommendation, etc.). All writing samples will be reviewed by the University Learning Center.