With Post University, you can earn your Master of Science in Human Services degree in as little as 18 months. The Master of Science in Human Services is a 37-credit hour program designed to meet the educational needs of individuals who seek to advance their skills and career options or seek employment in a wide variety of human service positions. Courses are offered in 8-week modules starting six times per calendar year.
Course content is focused around an essential core of learning experiences and skill sets and provides three specializations:
Alcohol & Drug Counseling
Clinical Counseling within Organizational Settings
Forensic Mental Health Counseling
If youâ€™re interested in becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor, please consult the appropriate state agency to determine the specific requirements. Please note that licensure is a professional process that varies from state to state and Post University cannot speak on behalf of a credentialing agency.
Objectives of the online Master of Science in Human Services:
- Understanding of human behavior systems ranging from individuals and groups to organizations, communities, and society. The training and education will stress the complexity and interconnectedness of human problems, social and cultural forces, national policies, and the demands of organizational work.
- Understanding of the core values of the human services work industry, its history, ethics, as well as the need to be aware of one's own values and to have an empathic understanding of clientsâ€™ values, lifestyle, and goals.
- In-depth understanding of the major models of intervention and treatment, industry-competent problem analysis, and skill achievement to plan, implement, and evaluate these strategies.
- In-depth understanding of organizational and managerial knowledge essential to operate human service programs successfully, including grant writing, planning and managing of people, preparing program budgets, and implementing information systems.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - Master of Science in Human Services
- Post University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and College, Inc., though its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- You are not required to complete the GRE test to enter the program. We look for students with work experience, a good undergraduate background, and an ambition to learn and develop their Human Services skills
- Courses are offered every eight weeks, six times a year â€“ so, you can start immediately
- Our faculty not only have advanced degrees, but extensive and relevant experience in the areas they teach
- All students are assigned academic advisors who support and guide them through their entire degree program
- WorldWideLearn.com, a trusted directory of education, endorses Post University's online degree programs. Read an independent review of the online Master of Science in Human Services program at WorldWideLearn.com.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT POST UNIVERSITY and Post University Online
- Founded in 1890, Post University is a traditional university in Waterbury, Connecticut that has an excellent online and on-ground Accelerated Degree Program option for working adults
- Post University began offering online degree programs in 1997 and is the largest provider of online degree programs in Connecticut
- The University is ranked in the 2010 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges edition and as one of the 20 Best Online Universities by the OEDB
Back to Online Degree Program Home