With Post University, you can earn your Master of Science in Human Services degree in as little as 18 months. The Master of Science in Human Services is a 37-credit hour program designed to meet the educational needs of individuals who seek to advance their skills and career options or seek employment in a wide variety of human service positions. Courses are offered in 8-week modules starting six times per calendar year.
Course content is focused around an essential core of learning experiences and skill sets and provides three specializations:
Clinical Counseling within Organizational Settings
Alcohol & Drug Counseling
Objectives of the online Master of Science in Human Services:
- Understanding of human behavior systems ranging from individuals and groups to organizations, communities, and society. The training and education will stress the complexity and interconnectedness of human problems, social and cultural forces, national policies, and the demands of organizational work.
- Understanding of the core values of the human services work industry, its history, ethics, as well as the need to be aware of one's own values and to have an empathic understanding of clientsâ€™ values, lifestyle, and goals.
- In-depth understanding of the major models of intervention and treatment, industry-competent problem analysis, and skill achievement to plan, implement, and evaluate these strategies.
- In-depth understanding of organizational and managerial knowledge essential to operate human service programs successfully, including grant writing, planning and managing of people, preparing program budgets, and implementing information systems.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - Master of Science in Human Services
- Post University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and College, Inc., though its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- You are not required to complete the GRE test to enter the program. We look for students with work experience, a good undergraduate background, and an ambition to learn and develop their Human Services skills
- Courses are offered every eight weeks, six times a year â€“ so, you can start immediately
- Our faculty not only have advanced degrees, but extensive and relevant experience in the areas they teach
- All students are assigned academic advisors who support and guide them through their entire degree program
- WorldWideLearn.com, a trusted directory of education, endorses Post University's online degree programs. Read an independent review of the online Master of Science in Human Services program at WorldWideLearn.com.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT POST UNIVERSITY and Post UniverSisty Online
- Founded in 1890, Post University is a traditional university in Waterbury, Connecticut that has an excellent online and on-ground Accelerated Degree Program option for working adults
- Post University began offering online degree programs in 1997 and is the largest provider of online degree programs in Connecticut
- The University is ranked in the 2010 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges edition and as one of the 20 Best Online Universities by the OEDB
|HUMAN SERVICES ACCELERATED DEGREE PROGRAM FAST FACTS
|STUDENTS IN THIS ACCELERATED DEGREE PROGRAM
| AVERAGE CLASS SIZE
|AVERAGE NUMBER OF TRANSFERRED CREDITS
|2011-2012 PROGRAM COMPLETERS
|2011-2012 PROGRAM COMPLETERS IN NORMAL TIME
|NORMAL PROGRAM COMPLETION TIME
*ADP students who do not transfer in any credits and take one course each module will complete this program in 2.5 years.
|AVERAGE PROGRAM COMPLETION TIME
|DEGREE PROGRAM COST
|37-Credit Degree Program Tuition*
|Room and Board
|Approximate Program Text Book Cost
|*This is the cost of the entire degree program using current tuition rates. Actual program cost will vary depending on the amount of financial aid provided and whether or not students transfer in any credits.
|OCCUPATIONS (This degree will prepare you for careers including, but not limited to, the ones listed below.)
|Community and Social Service Specialists, All OtherÂ
|Social and Community Service ManagersÂ
|Social and Human Service AssistantsÂ
Alcohol & Drug Counseling Concentration (This concentration will prepare you for career opportunities, including, but not limited to the ones listed above in the overall program section.)
|Clinical Counseling Concentration (This concentration will prepare you for career opportunities, including, but not limited to the ones listed above in the overall program section.)
|Non-Profit Management Concentration (This concentration will prepare you for career opportunities, including, but not limited to the ones listed above in the overall program section.)
|MEDIAN LOAN DEBT
|Number of Borrowers
|Median Federal Loan Debt
|Median Private Loan Debt
|Median Institutional Loan Debt
|Median Cumulative Debt
Back to Online Degree Program Home