Adult Learner Ebook

Post University Online Ranked In The Top 20 Nationally For The 3rd
Year In A Row

Post University named 4th best online college or university for 2012 by DoughRoller


Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar's mission is to provide helpful academic information and services to the students, faculty, and administration of Post University. The office performs the following functions for the university: registers students, manages student records, certifies students for graduation, provides students with transcripts of their academic work, manages NCAA compliance regulations, administers veterans' benefits, verifies student enrollments to lending institutions and insurance companies, and files all required federal and state reports.

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the maintenance of a student's permanent college record, including a history of all course work attempted, grades received, transfer credit granted, and honors awarded. It also tracks participation in University-recognized activities and sports.


In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, the following is considered Directory Information: "student's name, address, telephone listing, electronic mail address, photograph, date and place of birth, major field of study, dates of attendance, grade level, enrollment status, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, degrees, honors and awards received, and most recent education agency or institution attended. It is the University's policy to protect the student's right to privacy and will do its best to protect that privacy".

Student Access to their Records

Students may have access to their University records by submitting a written, dated request to the Office of the Registrar. The Office will inform students when and where the records may be inspected. A fee will be charged for the duplication of a requested record.

Parental Access to Student Records

Student records may be accessed by a parent or legal guardian only if a student has signed a FERPA release form.

Outside Access to Student Records

The University will not release Directory Information on currently enrolled students to individuals or organizations outside the University except those that have provided the student any type of financial aid, including loans.

Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA)

The Office of the Registrar, in accordance with federal (FERPA) and state laws, has designated certain types of student information as public or directory information. Read more...

Download FERPA PDF

Download FERPA - Consent to Release Form (PDF)

Transcript of Record

An “official” transcript is one bearing the seal of Post University and the signature of the Registrar. An official transcript is usually not given to a student or graduate of Post University but is mailed directly to the institution or individuals considering the applicant for admission or employment. Be advised that some institutions will not accept transcripts that have been issued to students. An “unofficial” transcript may be given directly to the student or the graduate upon request and is stamped “Unofficial” or “Student Copy.”

Students may have an official transcript mailed to other institutions, prospective employers or other authorized agencies by completing the Transcript Request form. The request must reach the office at least one week before the transcript is to be issued. Due to the volume of requests made in December and May, transcript requests may take up to two (2) weeks to process at that time. Transcripts, grade reports, certifications or other information about a student may be withheld for failure to meet financial obligations or failure to return University property.

Download the Transcript Request form to request an official transcript.


Before registering for courses in the next MOD, students need to confer with their academic advisor. To register for courses, click here. For a complete list of available courses by MOD, click here. No credit will be given for a course unless the student is officially registered in that course prior to the close of the registration period.

Schedule Changes

Students may make changes to their schedule during the "add/drop" period at the start of a module. A schedule change consists of adding or dropping a course or changing from one course section to another. Students may add a course or make a section change prior to the second class session. The student's advisor must approve schedule changes.

Course Loads

Accelerated Degree Program courses run in six, 8-week modules. Students registered for 12 or more credits in a 16-week period (2 courses each module for 2 modules) are considered full-time students. Students registered for 11 or fewer credits are considered part-time students. The maximum course load is 18 credits in any 2-MOD or 16-week period. Students wishing to register for 18 credits or more in any 2-MOD or 16-week period must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or permission from the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Students are not permitted to carry more than 21 credits in any 16-week period.

For planning purposes, students should anticipate that a three-credit course at Post University will require at least 9 hours of work each week.

Repeating a Course

Students may repeat courses already taken under the following circumstances:

  1. Improving an already received passing grade or gain additional knowledge. Students may repeat a course one time only. Students who have passed a course and wish to retake the course may be eligible for Federal Financial Aid through Title IV for retaking the course once. Please check with a University financial aid representative to see if you qualify.
  2. Repeating a class after receiving a failing grade. Students may wish to repeat a course to gain additional knowledge or improve on a previous passing performance. Students are limited to repeating a failed course taken at Post University an additional two times. Students wishing to retake a failing course a third time must obtain permission from the appropriate academic dean. Students may be eligible for Federal Financial Aid through Title IV for each course that is repeated. Please check with a University financial aid representative to see if you qualify.
  3. Retaking a failed Post University course at another institution. Students must obtain prior permission from the appropriate dean for their degree program to retake a failed course at another accredited institution. The grade for a course taken at another institution will not be appear on a student transcript or be calculated into their Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). The failed Post University course will remain on the student record.

When a course is repeated, the repetition appears on the transcript, but only the most recent grade is included in the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). Please be aware that you only earn credit once for a course that is repeated.

Dropping a Course

Online students may drop a course without any entry being made on their transcript prior to the Friday of the first week of classes. If withdrawal occurs beyond that time, a grade of "W" will be recorded. Students may not withdraw from a course(s) after the published withdrawal date. Students wishing to withdraw must submit a withdrawal form to the Registrar's Office. Those who fail to do so will receive a grade of "F."

If a student must withdraw from all courses, an action tantamount to withdrawing from the University, he or she must do so by officially notifying the Registrar's Office in writing.


Administrative Withdrawal

Students may be withdrawn from any or all classes or from the University by the appropriate University administrator if they fail to participate in class, display unjustifiable behavior, disrupt or impede the learning of other students, fail to answer University summons, or refuse to pay balances after due notification. When such withdrawal occurs, an "AD" (Administrative Withdrawal) will be entered on the student's record. If withdrawal from course/courses occurs during the final third of the module, a grade of "F" will be recorded. The faculty may initiate an administrative withdrawal. However, the Vice President for Academic Affairs must approve all "AD" requests concerning academic issues.
Students who have been administratively withdrawn from the University may not register for courses offered by the University.

Withdrawal from the University

A student who intends to withdraw from the University must notify the Registrar's Office. Students who notify the Registrar's Office orally also must submit their notification in writing. Should the student withdraw from the University prior to the end of the MOD, the official transcript will reflect a "W" (withdrawal) from all courses.

Withdrawal for Military Leave

Students who during the course of an academic term enter active military service, including National Guard and Reserve active duty, and are not in attendance at the end of the term, will receive course credit as follows:

  1. If withdrawal is during the first four full weeks of the term, no course credit shall be awarded, no grades shall be granted, and the term shall not be counted as a term in residence. Full refund of tuition, room and board will be granted.
  1. If withdrawal is after the first four weeks of the term and before the last two weeks of the term, no course credit shall be awarded. The transcript or record shall note either WM (withdrawal/military) or IN (incomplete) for courses in progress at the time of activation, and the term shall count as a term in residence. When a student selects the withdrawal option, a full refund for tuition will be awarded.

If withdrawal is during the last two full weeks of the term, full course credit shall be awarded, grades attained at the time of withdrawal shall be granted, and the term shall count as a term of residence. Students enlisted in the National Guard or the Military Reserves are to be allowed a reasonable time to make up academic work lost while participating in required training


Post University students who wish to take courses at another accredited college or university and transfer that credit to Post University must have permission from The Office of the Registrar prior to enrolling in the other institution. The required form is available by clicking here. A minimum grade of "C -" will be accepted for the transfer credit.

Students must be aware that taking a course at another university for which they received an "F" grade at Post University will not change the student's Post University grade point average.