Health Services

Request Information

Have a question about the admissions process?
We can help.


At Post University we are serious about our students' health. Our Health Services office is staffed by one registered nurses and the University physician is available on a weekly basis. In addition, walk-ins are welcome during open hours."

Our medical staff is here to provide students with access to:

  • Onsite basic care

  • Education and information related to health and wellness

  • Access to information on other health specialists and facilities near campus

Students wishing to make individual appointments with our physician should do so through the Health Services Office.                                        

Health Services can be reached at 
Nurse: Holly Tokarz
Health ServicesPhone: 203.596.4503
Fax: 203.841.1179

The Health Services Office is conveniently located in East Hall Annex and is open Monday through Friday during the academic year. Summer hours and semester break hours are posted well in advance.

Student Health Form
Online Education Site Student Health Form

Insurance Requirements

All full-time students must have health insurance coverage. Students who do not have insurance must enroll in the University's student insurance plan prior to starting classes. Students will be billed for and automatically enrolled in the University's insurance plan unless they complete a waiver on or before the deadline date. 

For very important details including instructions on how to waive, visit Student Insurance.  To read the information sent to students on April 2, 2015, about the Student Insurance Plan, click here.

Immunization Requirements

Full-time students are required to have a complete physical examination (should be done within 1 year of admission to the university) signed by a physician along with an updated immunization record on file in the Health Services Office by August 1st each year.

All students are required by the State of Connecticut to show proof of:

  • Two MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) vaccine dates and Two Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine dates.
  • PPD (tuberculin skin test) with results within a year of admission to the university

Students who live on campus also must show proof of:

  •  The Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine (should be done within 5 years of admission to the university)

Connecticut State Law requires that university students be vaccinated against meningitis as a condition for living in the university's residence halls and apartments.    

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers About Meningococcal Meningitis

Students who have not met State immunization requirements will not be able to attend classes. 

Immunization Recommendations

The Hepatitis B Vaccine is recommended by the CDC, ACHA and NCAA. To learn more about Hepatitis B and the vaccine, download the

Hepatitis B and Vaccination Fact Sheet or contact your physician, local Health Department,  the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, or the American College Health Association (ACHA) website

Where to get the required vaccines
  1. Your Physician or local health Department
  2. Your Hospital's Travel Clinic   

In the Waterbury area:
Community Health Center of Waterbury
51 Elms Street
Waterbury, CT


Request Information

I am...

Interested in...

You can send me information at...

ex. 222-222-2222

Some additional things are...

By clicking the button below, Post University has your consent to use automated technology to call, text and e-mail you at the information above, including your wireless number, regarding educational services. It is not a requirement to provide this consent to receive education services.